offers its brokerage clients the opportunity to keep cash balances
at work earning interest through the GIT Insured Money Market Account
The IMMA program allows clients to enjoy the convenience, liquidity
and high yields of a money market fund, but with the additional
security of U.S. Government deposit insurance.
Some key features of the GIT Insured Money Market Account include:
- Individual FDIC insured deposit accounts, backed by the U.S.
- High yield money market rates, depending on market conditions
- Monthly dividends that can be reinvested or sent directly to
- No monthly service charges, so long as your account balance is at least $1,000 at month-end
- Easy access to your IMMA funds when you invest
- Easy, hassle-free withdrawals, including by writing checks
Clarendon Securities customers can clear securities trades directly
by debits and credits to their IMMA cash balances.
IMMA deposit accounts are accounts with specific
FDIC insured banks having a depository arrangement with an affiliate
of GIT Investment Services, Inc., and are not accounts in a money
market mutual fund or other commingled investment vehicle.
See GIT Insured Money Market
Account Terms and Conditions for more information.